A Brief History

Our story begins in the year 1951 when The Charity Commissioners approved a Scheme that brought about the merger of two Cambridge Charities previously known as:

The new Charity was named The Cambridge Nursing Auxiliary Trust.

Trustees were appointed and rules for the governance of the new Trust were set out. In particular the Trustees were charged with a responsibility to use the annual income from investments

"for the benefit of sick poor persons resident in the Borough of the City of Cambridge".

This still remains the yardstick by which the Trustees must consider applications for help.

During 1987 the Charity was renamed. With all its former terms and conditions remaining in place it became known as and remains

The Cambridge Community Nursing Trust